I cant figure out how to import data

Currently on 8.12.1 (not an option in the field below) I have a JSON object with some data that I want to use. I took the crash course on mendix, but can’t quite figure out how to take the json data and to use the data within that. I know how to create a structure from the object, but I haven’t the slightest clue on how to actually import the data. I have tried also using a nanoflow with a javascript action. This brings me to the seconds question.   What does each datatype look like in mendix? for a list I assumed it was an array of objects, but that didnt work. Then I tried an array of strings…   So just to be clear, if I want to program what do the data structures that mendix provides actually look like?   Thanks!    -Joe   P.S.  I am making my first test app. The first thing I was trying to do is take populated data and make a drop down.  Depending on the answer of the first drop down, the second drop down would re-populate with relevant items.    I have a fact table (in json) that has all the keys to the other 3 tables (all currently in seperate json files) that would then populate the drop downs.  
asked
2 answers

I can recommend this learning path for this.

https://gettingstarted.mendixcloud.com/link/path/44/Importing-and-Exporting-Your-Data

answered

Sounds like you need some Mendix basics. I would suggest to take a loof for the learning paths. They can help you to get up to speed and understand the basics of Mendix. Also when you are getting a better understanding, then you can extend your knowledge with more complex topics. Please tale a look to the Academy section.

answered