Blob creates ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column when sending to Oracle DB

edit--- See last post edit--- Hi all I’m trying to send my Blob created the Base64EncodeToFile java action via query statement to an Oracle database but it keeps returning me: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01704: string literal too long   I’am aware that i could split-up the blob in different strings but I feel there should be an easier way.   Any idea on how to work around this problem? I’m open to all suggestions!  
asked
2 answers

Hi Michiel

In the meantime I changed the statement action with the “Execute parametrized statement’.

It is now giving me the error: 

com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

at DossierModule.ACT_CertificateSignAndPrint (JavaAction : 'Execute parameterized statement')

answered

HI Michiel

I’m sending the object (a string built in de Base64EncodeToFile) to an oracle database.

In the meantime I succeded by getting a colom of type clob in the oracle. 

So the error message was actually saying:

Your object is of type Clob but the destination colom is of type Blob. Cannot compute: computer says no…..

I do think the system is missing a ‘t in the first word…. :)

answered