Creating Postgres extension

Hello, Currently I’m developing a Mendix module that requires that a custom Query is run on the Mendix application database which I have working. However this query also requires that the pgcrypto module is installed, when I execute the create extension command first I get the message that I need superuser privileges in order to add the extension. Is it possible to use this Postgres extension at all on the Mendix cloud? Currently I have a free app in which I develop this module, and locally I managed to get it all working since I do have superuser access to my local database. With kind regards, Bob van Leeuwen
asked
2 answers

Not to my expectation, not on a sandbox for sure. Also, Mendix will have an extra hard time supporting the V4-cloud if they allow superuser-access for the database. Your best chance is purchasing a license and do an on-premise installation. If that is within your or your organization's reach, you best contact Mendix sales representatives and talk this through.

answered

I would not really require the superuser permissions, I would like to have this extension enabled however.

I would assume that running Mendix on a Postgres database should make it possible to leverage the most on this database, even in the cloud, since most Cloud providers I have worked in the past with (Azure / Digital Ocean / AWS) all have extensions available for use that are even not bundled with a default Postgres installation.

answered