Parent-child in datagrid entry

Hello everybody, I’m currently building an app in which I want to build a reason tree for an event. I created three entities, being reason 1, reason 2 and reason 3, and created one to many associations between them (so one Reason 2 can only be related to one Reason 1, but one Reason 1 can have multiple Reasons 2).   Now I want to display all the events in a data grid, where the user can edit the three reasons. However, when entering reason 1, the list of reason 2 also shows reasons not related to reason 1. For example: When choosing “engine failure” as reason 1, it also shows “broken windows” in the list of reason 2, while this is not related to reason 1. I’m sorry my explanation is not that good. I’ve added a picture of the data model and the data grid. Does anybody know how I can fix this problem?
asked
2 answers

I think you should try to use a listview. Within a listview you can use a reference selector and in this widget you can define a rule for the list of selectable objects. This is not possible on an editable datagrid that just shows everything that is technically selectable.

Mendix does not know your business logic so by default, everything is selectable.

answered

Can you show us the datasource of your grid? I don’t really understand your design.

answered