i am really bad at mendix...struggling to use to the retrieve function where can i get help

help me :P i been struggling heaps   been trying to connect databases...i can connect 2….but when i try and pull data into a 3rd database, it only pulls the 2nd database and ignores the first
asked
6 answers

in this case you dont know what i am talking about

answered

drawing a few blank donuts…...not sure why

dra

answered

Do try to never answer your own question but Edit your question. Make the forum better readable.
Now on topic. I think you mean entities. Because there is only one database being used when working with Mendix.

Now the picture of your domain model I can not correlate with the empty fields of the next screenshot. Is that your Supplier_Price_List?  If yes is my assumption correct you want to show those records for a certain supplier? Because then you need a dataview of the supplier and the you can create a datagrid to show those records of that supplier.
It might be usefull to follow some basic learning paths like this one: https://academy.mendix.com/link/path/83/Build-an-App-in-Mendix-Studio

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Tip: Let Mendix do the work!

Create an Excel document with:

- tab1 named ‘Supplier’ and

- tab2 named SupplierPricelist … etc

Go to new.mendix.com and ‘Create app from spreadsheet’. Make sure to also set the associations during this process. Now checkout the application that Mendix has created for you. Saves you a lot of time, effort and errors and it is a very nice example of a good setup.

answered

thanks tim...sadly have failed really bad at this… :(

is there any mendix live classes?

answered

In addition to Tim. It seems this a very black box. What do you want to achieve in business terms? Also, did you take a look into the great Mendix Academy?

answered