Import Associated Data

Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out what the best way to go about importing my data (which is currently stored in an excel file) is. I am familiar with the excel importer, however I am not sure its capabilities meet my needs. A few of my entities are associated to each other and I want the objects to already be mapped after the importer. For example, I have an industry entity and an entity that represents campaigns. There are about 10 industries that have several campaigns under them. In the excel file, column A has the industry with the campaign next to it in column B. How do I import the data without the industry portion duplicating? Is there a way that the excel importer can map objects together or is there a different method. Here is a picture of my domain model for reference.  Thank you!
asked
2 answers

easy way to import the raw data first, then create microflow to patch all the association.

answered

Hi Molly,

Yes, you can import your data with its associations. However, there are some limitations:

• Your parent entity requires a unique field. This unique field should be part of the data, and you would find the parent entity using the unique field as key (see below):

• The associations can work with “direct” associations. What I mean by that is that there is no intermediate entity. In your case, that would mean that campaign needs to be directly associated with an industry.

Looking at the domain model that you’ve provided, I do not believe the importer will help you to this extend and importing and patching the data is most likely the best solution

answered