connect mendix app to local postgres db

Hi, I’m trying to run my mendix app locally connected to a local postgres db in which i’ve restored a backup of production data.   So far i’ve: - Downloaded cloud backup and restored it to a postgres db ( helpful https://www.nolanramsey.com/theradreport/2015/5/29/how-to-use-your-mendix-cloud-database-locally) - added configurations settings and set it to active   I’m always receiving these errors both related to the port being already in use when i try to run my app: No permission to open socket or another server is already running on Some(localhost):8080: Address already in use: NET_Bind An error occurred while executing action 'update_appcontainer_configuration'.   I’ve tried chaning the port in the server config to the postgres default 5432 or even some other values like 5433,8081,.. But with no succes.   End goal here is to be able to play around and explore prod data locally. How could i best achieve this?   Thanks    
asked
4 answers

You have the runtime and admin port as the same value. Change the admin port to 8081 and run again. I’m actually having trouble with the step past this one here: https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/116541

If you have any input please comment on it.

EDIT: To clarify, the ‘server’ is not the same as the database. The error your getting is due to the server.

answered

Hi Eson,

In Server configuration use the different Admin port number like 8084 instead of 8080.

answered

It seems you need to add the port number to your postgres configuration in Studio pro.  Unless you changed this when you installed postgres, the port typically use is 5432.  So in the database tab of the configuration, the URL should be localhost:5432

Hope that helps.

answered

Hi,

The combination of changing the url to localhost:5432 and setting the admin port to 8081 resolved the issue for me. I’m able to load my backupped db locally. 

Related to your issue Kyle,  i haven’t checked the docs but in the dev portal my app was issued with a postgresql 9.6 db so i assumed i should also just use postgres. Maybe you could link your db to it and from there on out follow the same route i took?

Thanks for the replies!

answered