Mysql query from dropdown input

I'm still relatively new to the Mendix world. To check the feasibility of my requirements, I have two tables in a MySQL database. Service providers are shown in one table, and the associated detailed data in the other table.   I would now like to select the service providers in a dropdown field and output the details in a list element.   I tried to create an object for the detailed data in the microflow and to transfer the value from the drop-down to an input variable. The idea was to include the value of the variable as a filter in the SQL statement. Unfortunately, I keep failing in this project... Is there another way, or is the query not possible at all?   I hope my problem is understandable. Many thanks in advance for your efforts.  
asked
2 answers

Jens,

I just built this scenario (I think) in Mendix.  It took me about 3 minutes.  Here is how I did it:

1. I created this domain model:

1. Then I added a page with a DataGrid pointed to Detail entity, like this:

1. Finally, I added a Dropdown Search field to this datagrid pointed to ServiceProvider

With this page and domain model, I can select a Service provider in the search field, click search and I will see all associated Detail records.

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered

Thanks, but the problem is that my database is external. I have already recreated this basic example and was able to use it without any problems. But as soon as I try to integrate the data from the MySQL database, I unfortunately no longer get any results.

To avoid errors, I specially imported the structure with a JSON.

How do I get the two tables of the MySQL database linked in such a way that when I select the criteria from Table 1, the data from Table 2 is displayed? 

A link in the domain model has not worked so far. I ran the link as one too many.

answered