Database replication connection issue

Hey guys, I recently moved my application from local production to the cloud. Now I wanted to fill the database with data like I did in the local application. I am using the database replicator for this purpose.  But now I keep getting this error message when trying to sync the database: The TCP/IP connection to the host DB, port 1433 has failed. Error: "DB. Verify the connection properties.  Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port.  Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". When running local the syncing works. Will be grateful for any help.   Regards, Nick
asked
1 answers

Hi Nick,

Yes it is very well possible that a firewall blocks connections to the database coming from the cloud. If your local machine is part of a company domain, you probably are able to connect to databases that are not accessible from the cloud due to firewall configuration.

If this is the case, your companies firewall rules needs to be changed to allow the incoming connection from the Mendix cloud. More info on which ip adresses to allow can be found here: https://docs.mendix.com/developerportal/deploy/mendix-ip-addresses/ 

As for the url: you will need to use a url that is accessible from the outside world. This url may be completely different from the one you use when connecting from inside a company domain.

I hope this helps.

answered