Using Database Replication module, after set up: 0 tables found

Using a in-house hosted MySQL database as reference: I’ve tried the database connector before to get data from the MySQL database, which connects and works fine when just trying to get (e.g. SELECT) and display or populate my Mendix database.   But the goal is actually to update the Mendix database with the data from the MySQL database (one-way street) without having to clear everything in the Mx database and re-populate.   I’ve taken on the task to use the database replication module. The module and it’s dependencies are installed as explained in this entry: "Use DatabaseReplication with MySQL database". The module is up and running and I’ve configured my database as follows I’ve tried different set ups with the checkboxes, but the result (Statistics) in Studio Pro is always 0 anything (also it always has 3 Final Statistics):   So I checked with the debugger what happens when I try to check for the content of the database:   I’m really lost at this point, why the Java action can’t find any tables although we have over 20 tables in our database. We also checked the permissions of my mendix_user for the database and it should have all viewing and selecting rights.   So what I’m I missing here? Is there another trick to use this module or did I overlook a configuration? (Note: I’m using 9.18.4, but it couldn’t be selected)
asked
3 answers

Hi Jill-Yen,

The attributes you underlined are required to create the connection. I expect the FullDiscription entry you coloured black as the DatabaseURL. The port is, by default, 3306, and ServiceName is MySQL

To test, use a Change Object Action to set these values in the microflow. Find out later the proper place to configure them.

Go make it

answered

Hi Marco, thanks for your reply.

I filled in the missing fields as you suggested, but the result is the same.

At the Java Action of the microflow, although the result is a true boolean, it doesn’t fin any of the tables:

What could be the issue here? I looked into the Java code, but don’t understand it fully.

answered

I resolved this issue.

It turns out I had to call it by jdbc:mariadb://..., instead of jdbc:mysql://…

And use the MariaDB driver

answered