Cannot start built-in database viewer

Hi there, for now I’m building a project running locally and it works perfect. However, when I want to check the running DB by starting built-in database viewer, an error occured while communicating with the server and my project is just stop running. Here’re some error message for reference.  I’ve check other one or two related issue in forum but it doesn’t help. If someone can provide some advices, I will appericiate it.   Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.M2EEException: Request <{"action":"start_hsqldb_gui","params":{}}> failed:  ---> System.Net.WebException: 接続が切断されました: 受信時に予期しないエラーが発生しました。 ---> System.IO.IOException: 転送接続からデータを読み取れません: 既存の接続はリモート ホストに強制的に切断されました。。 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: 既存の接続はリモート ホストに強制的に切断されました。    場所 System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)    --- 内部例外スタック トレースの終わり ---    場所 System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)    場所 System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)    場所 System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)    --- 内部例外スタック トレースの終わり ---    場所 System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()    場所 Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.M2EERequest.DoHttpRequest(String json, Int32 timeout) 場所 C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector\M2EERequest.cs:行 182    --- 内部例外スタック トレースの終わり ---    場所 Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.M2EERequest.DoHttpRequest(String json, Int32 timeout) 場所 C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector\M2EERequest.cs:行 196    場所 Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.M2EERequest.Execute(Int32 timeout) 場所 C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector\M2EERequest.cs:行 72    場所 Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.M2EEClient.StartHsqldbGui() 場所 C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector\M2EEClient.cs:行 337    場所 Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector.RuntimeController.StartBuiltInDatabaseBrowser() 場所 C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.M2EEConnector\RuntimeController.cs:行 89    場所 Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProcessRunner.RunStep(Step step) 場所 C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProcessRunner.cs:行 101    場所 Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProcessRunner.OnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) 場所 C:\Users\Autobuild\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProcessRunner.cs:行 74    場所 System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)    場所 System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
asked
2 answers

HI Mingzhi Lai

Check whether you have logged in with your account in Mendix  Ide and try to clean the deployment directory create deployment package → run again now locally→ check the db viewer

Solution 2: try to change the port number of the Mendix server from 8090 to 8060. if this not works try to shutdown the sever and rerun again

I hope it works..

answered

1).  I second everything Gurumoorthy J mentioned, but also check your local computer memory.  I had a similar error a few months ago and the culprit was actually a hardware issue related to a very low spec machine.  I don’t have proof that was the issue, but it only had 4GB of ram and when we went to open the database viewer the memory peaked to 99% and the project stopped.  We migrated everything to a higher spec machine  (HDD transfer with no other changes) and it worked perfectly.

2).  If that is not applicable,  did you switch from using a non-built in database (Postgres / PgAdmin)?

I’ve experienced similar errors when switching from non-built in database to mendix default built-in HSQL DB.  Switching ports as Gurumoorthy J mentioned usually fixes the issue for me, but on occasion I have to clean directory and restart my computer.  

Good luck

answered