Insert records directly to database

Hello everyone, I am currently experiencing an issue where I am creating records directly in a database table, then when I view the records in the list view of the page in Mendix, I can only see them as a row and am unable to edit them. Additionally, when I click on the records, no data is displayed in the pop-up window. I want to point out that I have full read and write access to the entity. The logging message I’m receiving is the following: all database changes executed by this action were rolled back at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.processErrorState(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:153) Caused by: com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusRuntimeException: An exception has occurred for the following request(s): InternalLimitedXPathTextGetRequest (depth = -1, amount = 20): //Configuration.AccountImport at com.mendix.connectionbus.RequestAnalyzer.doRequest(RequestAnalyzer.scala:35) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: Entity id should be not zero   Does anyone know the cause of this issue?  
asked
1 answers

This issue is likely caused by inserting records directly into the database.

Mendix maintains an internal numbering system for all records in the database via your app.  If you insert records directly into the database, that numbering system is probably not maintained for those records.  Because of that, Mendix is unable to manipulate those records.

Inserting records directly into the database is not recommended.  Is there a reason you are doing this?  Perhaps the community could suggest an alternate method of adding records to the database that meets your needs and uses the Mendix platform as it was intended to be used.

answered