Sorting Data in Mendix Database

Hello, I am working on an app where we need to be able to sort the data in the database and not just in the tables in the app. I thought I could do this with Indexes but it isn’t working. I have an index that is a decimal and I am sorting that in ascending order but it changes nothing, the data is still being sorted based on the order they were created. Thanks!
asked
2 answers

There is no such thing as sorting your objects in the database. And you should not be troubled by it, leave that to the database-engine, and let Mendix take care of the sorting during runtime retrieval. 

Also an index is not there for sorting the objects in a table, but for faster retrieval.

answered

Andie,

Do you want the data stored in a certain order in the database table?  If so, I am not sure that is do-able.  The database server maintains the records according to its own internal algorithms.  

Why do want the data stored in a certain way in the database?  In other words, what are you trying to accomplish?  Maybe the community can provide some ideas about how to do what you want to do.

Mike

answered