Pass a string variable from a button click to a microflow

Hello Mendix Community, I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently working on a project and I've encountered a challenge that I'm seeking guidance on. I'm trying to pass a string variable through a button click using a microflow, but I'm unsure about the steps and activities involved in accomplishing this task. I have a button widget on my page that I want to use to trigger the microflow. I understand that I need to create a parameter in the microflow to accept the string variable. However, I'm not sure which activities or parameters to use within the microflow to achieve this successfully. I have ‘buyer’ variable in Risk_Management entity and I want to pass this buyer so when user click on button he will move to the dashboard where user can see the information that is only related to that specific buyer. Questions: How do I create a parameter in the microflow to accept the string variable from the button click? What activities should I use within the microflow to handle the passed string variable? How can I connect the button click action to the microflow and pass the string variable? Are there any best practices or considerations I should keep in mind when working with parameters and microflows in this context? Please let me know. I would appreciate it. Thank you!
asked
1 answers

Hello, check the following :

1. How do I create a parameter in the microflow to accept the string variable from the button click?

Drag & drop the Parameter activity & choose the datatype as String.
  2. What activities should I use within the microflow to handle the passed string variable?
    You have to Use Parameter Activity

3. How can I connect the button click action to the microflow and pass the string variable?

In microflow activity, you need to map the string parameter. For eg : if your string value is String then you need to pass it in a single quote like ‘String’

4. Are there any best practices or considerations I should keep in mind when working with parameters and microflows in this context?

A parameter is a special kind of variable that is used as input for the microflow. When a microflow is triggered, the parameters are filled with the current values.

Hope it helps!
answered