How can i access the database of Sandbox Mendix application in pgAdmin tool for PostgreSQL?

I'm currently working on a project that involves integrating Grafana for data visualization, using PostgreSQL as the data source. Locally, I switched my database management system from HSQLDB to PostgreSQL and connected it to a PostgreSQL instance hosted on Aiven. This setup worked seamlessly, allowing my local application to communicate with the PostgreSQL database on Aiven, which in turn enabled the successful configuration of Grafana with PostgreSQL as its data source.   However, after deploying the application to the sandbox environment with the same configuration, my Mendix application in the cloud is not connecting to the PostgreSQL database hosted on Aiven. This disconnect is preventing Grafana from accessing PostgreSQL as its data source.   While I could configure Grafana to use OData as the data source by exposing my entities, I've found OData less effective for querying data across multiple entities, making it a suboptimal solution for this project.   Can someone please provide insights on how I can resolve this issue? For reference, I am attaching a screenshot that lists the details required when configuring PostgreSQL as a data source in Grafana. Where can I obtain this information for my Mendix application in the sandbox environment?    
asked
1 answers

Kashif,

If your Mendix app is hosted in the Mendix Public Cloud, you cannot provide direct access to the Postgres database for your Mendix app.  Seems that OData or a REST API you create in your Mendix app are the best options available to you.

Mike

answered