Datagrid search bar doesnt work on external SQL database data retrieved with Database Connector

I have done a SELECT * FROM [view] This works fine until I want to use the Datagrid search bar to search for a specific ID. When I click search, nothing happens. The search button should call a Nanoflow which is auto-generated by the Datagrid to filter the results inside the datagrid itself. I don't receive any errors or messages in console when clicking the Search button, nothing seems to happen at all. Data doesn't get filtered in the Datagrid. How do I filter / search for data inside a datagrid/dataview/listview when I use Microflow to retrieve external database data?
asked
6 answers

Can you not rework your page so that the datasource is not a microflow?  I assume your microflow does the retrieving stuff. But (also an assumption here) you do store that data somewhere in entities. So why not just show that data? Or create a helper object and attach all the new imported data to that helper entity so you can show that one. Then you have all the search capabilities you want.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

This is my microflow. At the end it returns a new List object of that entity. That's the list I need to show inside my datagrid. In the controls/options of the datagrid, there isn't any option to attach it to the List object. Only the entity of which the List object was created. 

answered

This is how the Database Connector works. In order to retrieve the results from an external SQL database, one needs to create a Result Object. Again, there is no option inside a datagrid to connect to a Result Object. So please help me and explain your suggestion further, preferably with screenshots of what you mean exactly because I am lost here??

answered

Hello,

I have the same problem, have you found a solution?

answered

Me too

answered

Did you try this?

https://docs.mendix.com/howto/logic-business-rules/server-side-paging#4-creating-a-data-grid-with-a-microflow-data-source

answered