How to import data to mendix tables

Hi, all. Recently I am trying to import data into some of my mendix mysql tables. I just try 2 things to make sure we can import data smoothly I create a model in mendix modeler, with a province table and a city table; of cause city table is associated with province table in 1-* relation. I used to have this 2 tables in mysql, so I just want to copy data into this to table and also fill the relation table too The problem is , how can I generate the id for my imported data? I just fill the id column with numbers and get an error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Entity id should be not zero at com.mendix.basis.objectmanagement.SchemeManagerImplBase.getObjectType(SchemeManagerImplBase.java:391) at com.mendix.basis.objectmanagement.MendixIdentifier.getObjectType(MendixIdentifier.java:85) at com.mendix.basis.objectmanagement.MendixIdentifier.toString(MendixIdentifier.java:132) at com.mendix.basis.action.user.RetrieveIdListAction.$anonfun$new$4(RetrieveIdListAction.scala:30) at scala.collection.immutable.List.map(List.scala:286) at com.mendix.basis.action.user.RetrieveIdListAction.<init>(RetrieveIdListAction.scala:30) at com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCore.createRetrieveIdListAction(InternalCore.scala:224) at com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCore.retrieveIdList(InternalCore.scala:304) at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientActions$.retrieveByIds(RegularClientActions.scala:100) at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RegularClientActionWiring.$anonfun$regularClientActionMap$6(RegularClientActionWiring.scala:27)  
asked
3 answers

Are all the attribute names in your mendix entity equal to the column names in mysql? If not, you need to work with aliases in your sql statement.

answered

Oh, and something different: You should not manually change the id column in a mendix database. It is an internal column that is maintained by mendix.

answered

Is there a reason why do you want to do this with SQL queries? Where do you have the data from? Why did you don’t build out a data handling in Mendix? Then you can make sure that all associations and created data is correctly set up?

answered