Dropdown search field in Data Grid - Attribute selection problems

Hi community, I would like to add a drop-down filter to my data grid for let’s say the attribute ‘Name’ (String) of my Entity ‘Person’. The free text search field works perfectly fine but when I add a drop-down, I can only select enumerations of my entity Test. How can I select the ‘Name’ attribute for the drop-down selection? Let’s say the Person entity is connected to other entities e.g. Adress. I am able to select the Name attribute of Test via the references. For example Person.Name/Adress.Street/Person.Name. If I do it that way, I am able to select the Name attribute in the front end with drop down. But if I select an attribute e.g. Peter which is listed in the grid and hit search, an empty list is shown. Any ideas how to make that work? Many thanks :)  
asked
4 answers

It works with an extra entity ‘Person_Name’ which holds the content of ‘Name’ attribute.

answered

Hi Felix, You can try using  from the mendix appstore “autoCompleteSearch”

The thing is you need some other workaround on it-----to use this you should modify the datagrid to list view or even try to place the “autoCompleteSearch” outside of the grid

Hope this helps

answered

Felix, I have the same problem. No answers?

answered

Hi Massimo,

for some reason the dropdown filter is not working if you use the same entity like your data source of the grid is.

I created a new Helper entity connected to the other one, where I stored the data.

It not might be best practise but it works.

answered