Upgrading the Mendix Project from Mendix 6.10.5 to 7.18.1- Back up restoring problem

Any body could you please help how to restore the 6 back up on 7 .. Because we are getting error while restoring the back up. Once we restore the back up envoirnment is going down? Anybody know any reason?
asked
7 answers

When restoring a back-up, the environment is always stopped, as it cannot handle any incoming request of an running application. It may also remove the deployed package, so you have to transfer a new package, due to the synchronization tasks that should be applied. After the back-up is succesfully restored, you should be able to deploy your application. Can you specify at what step you are facing problems? 

answered

Hello Johan,

Like initialy the envoirnemnt was with deployment package of 6.

Now we have totlally cleaned environment and now deployed 7 unversioned changes on that envoirnment.

Now environment seems good.

Again I stopped environment and trying to restore the back up on that same.

once I see in activity window backup successfully restored.I Restarted the envoirnment and I am getting the error saying please check alert or status logs.

answered

When we restore and after that restart the envoirnment we are getting below error.

CRITICAL - ActionManager: Error in execution of monitored action '{"name":"Administration.ASU","type":"Microflow"}' (execution id: c68a259a-733a-463a-b7d7-1fdf6c6c3019, execution type: CUSTOM)
2020-07-08T05:54:02.058091 [APP/PROC/WEB/0]   CRITICAL - ActionManager: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.codec.digest.DigestUtils.sha1Hex([B)Ljava/lang/String;

Do you aware of this?

answered

Reading that error message, you probably have a Java library conflict. Check your /userlib folder for duplicates, like shown below. Try to update the modules referring to old libraries and then delete them (in this case, I deleted both the commons-codec-1.10.jar and commons-codec-1.10.jar.XLSReport.RequiredLib files).

Be aware of different naming: for example org.apache.commons.codec_1.11.0.jar contains the same library.

answered

Hello Johan,

Thank you and let me check that same at my end and confirm.

Regards,

Darshan

answered

Hello Johan,

• 4:26:12 PMAPPCRITICALM2EE: An unhandled error occurred in the MxRuntime.
  • 4:26:12 PMAPPCRITICALM2EE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.codec.digest.DigestUtils.sha1Hex([B)Ljava/lang/String;

above error is coming.

answered

we have above libraries in userlib , so still we are getting same.. even though we have delete userlib and downloaded according to new widget.

answered