I cant run in the cloud anymore

After updating the Atlas UI to the latest release I add to roll back something and eventually decided to unlink the app and reload it from my local copy. I did this successfully already,  this time something went wrong. I can still run the app locally, but I can’t commit and run it on the cloud, the “run” option is disabled. I also deleted the app from the ‘My Apps’ page thinking it would be re-created automatically, but because I can’t commit or run that is going to happen. How can I fix the issue? Thank you for helping me out in solve the problem. This is the error I’m getting:  Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.VersionControlException: An error occurred while checking for changes on disk. ---> SharpSvn.SvnRepositoryIOException: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://teamserver.sprintr.com/6461fc14-2fef-45e5-b8a0-7f5e25761efe/trunk' ---> SharpSvn.SvnRepositoryIOForbiddenException: Access to '/6461fc14-2fef-45e5-b8a0-7f5e25761efe/trunk' forbidden
asked
3 answers

Each Mendix project has two hidden directories inside: .mendix-cache and .svn. This is the location where the information of the teamserver is stored. Now it seems you have deleted your app. Pity otherwise you could have downloaded it again and used that as base by keeping the two hidden directories remove all the rest and then copy the files over from your current local project. You now need to create a new free app. After the creation do the same steps. Keep those two hidden directories copy all else over open the project in Mendix and do a commit. You should be ablo to run it in the cloud again.

Do not forget to keep your local copy somewhere safe. An other option would be to export the modules and import them again in the new project. That should also work. Also do note that you have lost your data in the cloud. If you have a backup still from your old app you can restore it locally but not in the cloud. You need a paid license for that. But you could create some Excel export and import routines to restore the data also in your new free node.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Hi Massimo,

It seems other users encountered the same issue a few weeks ago. There is not an answer, but perhaps you can try and contact them to check how the solved it: https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/101822

Have a nice weekend,

Mark

answered

Thank you to everyone who responded.

I have the project back on-line now.

As a major DISCLAIMER, I was not concerned about data in the cloud because I’m using REST and direct SQL connection to my SQL database, therefore no issue with the data stored in the Mendix domain model, which I mostly use as helpers. Your millage can be different!

Creating a new app was necessary indeed, I had that done already, but was not enough. After copying everything back from my backup-copy to the current NEW project directory, I had to DELETE the .svn and .mendix-cache directories (Ronald, I’m not sure if this is what you meant) and than I uploaded (not committed) the project to the cloud server. Please note it takes a while to upload to the server, so be patient. After that, I was able to run the project again.

Regards 

answered