Implications for migrate to a private cloud

Hi Experts, If we want to migrate our mendix app to a private cloud on aws, what are the implications? Can I have my own PostgreSQL on AWS and my app pointing to that? Do we need to purchase a new license from mendix, because we wouldn’t use the mendix private cloud(AWS) ? I guest we have to pay for the license app. Also in terms of administration, what we can lost?. Thanks in advance    
asked
2 answers

Hello Vladimir,

In AWS I would use an RDS service to prevent spending much time on database management. You can point your App to that database. Goto your App settings → Configurations click <New>. 

I’m curious what is the reason to have the middleware in a private cloud and the data in a public cloud. In most architectures I have seen, the private cloud requirements are driven by the wish to have the data locally stored. 

If connectivity, consider the use of a reverse proxy and a load balancer for HA. 

You will need a license and the software from here:

Managed OS and Managed RDBMS costs are very much dependent on the SLA/Service window etcetera. I can share you some details in a mail.

answered

HI Marco,

Yes if you can share with me could be great. my email: vladimir.rodriguez@idom.com

The requirement its because the client want to have their database in their own private cloud in AWS account instead of mendix private cloud because less costs of storage.

Best Regards

answered