Change application URL for docker deployment

Hello, We have deployed our application in Docker, and we are using SAML module to integrate SSO in our application. Our SAML integration was working fine when we deployed app on Mendix cloud, the application URL would show up correctly on the SAML configuration page. With Docker deployment, the url is always set to $docker_example.com   I tried updating this URL in vcap_application.json (docker-mendix-buildpack/vcap_application.json at master · mendix/docker-mendix-buildpack · GitHub) before building the image but the URL stays docker_example.com   Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
asked
2 answers

You need to set the runtime setting

ApplicationRootUrl

The first one in the list here: https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/custom-settings#general 

For the docker buildpack that is done via an environment variable set like:

MXRUNTIME_ApplicationRootUrl
answered

Adding 

MXRUNTIME_ApplicationRootUrl

to environment variables on Docker didn’t work initially.

It turns out it only worked on the first run or when database is not setup. On each docker run configuration passed to it does not get updated on the database. ApplicationUrl eventually got stored in database in table. So, passing the variable to ECS didn’t help. I only noticed the issue when I tried the same with local docker-compose.

saml20$spmedata

Only after changing ApplicationUrl, directly on the database the issue was fixed.

answered