Missing log4j-core library error on SAP BTP

Hi there, I have fixed an issue of the Excel Export Module by cleaning up the Userlib library. After that, the app works fine in my local environment and also in the Test (Development) environment on SAP BTP. However, on the Acceptance and Production environment I get a pop up window message “Error – contact your system administrator” when I click on a button to generate the Excel. The Excel generation microflow runs without issues. When I check the logs on SAP BTP I see this message: ERROR StatusLogger Log4j2 could not find a logging implementation. Please add log4j-core to the classpath. Using SimpleLogger to log to the console... I have no idea how to fix this and I really appreciate any hint you can give me. Nice greetings, Henning
asked
1 answers

I managed to fix the issue, so I’ll paste this for future reference.

I had this error message on SAP BTP::

ERROR StatusLogger Log4j2 could not find a logging implementation. Please add log4j-core to the classpath. Using SimpleLogger to log to the console...

When I triggered the error again 12 h later, I got a different message:

Did not expect an argument to be undefined Error: Did not expect an argument to be undefined at l…

Then I googled for that message and I found this forum entry:

Mendix Forum - Questions

Roeland Salij stated that „… this error is most likely caused by incorrect access rules configuration.“

So I checked the access rules and there was indeed the problem. The error popped up for one role but not for the other, something I overlooked during testing. So I fixed the access rules and everything worked.

Room for improvement: Clearly the error message could be more descriptive in the Excel Export module.

And I have no idea why I initially saw only this log4j-core error message.

answered