Compiling Java actions failed

Wehn I build, my build is getting the following error   Buildfile: D:\Mendix Workspace\MenuMockup\deployment\build_core.xml compile:     [javac] Compiling 480 source files to D:\Mendix Workspace\MenuMockup\deployment\run\bin     [javac] D:\Mendix Workspace\MenuMockup\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:360: error: method execute in class Core cannot be applied to given types;     [javac]         return Core.execute(c, microflowName, params);     [javac]                    ^     [javac]   required: T     [javac]   found: IContext,String,Map<String,Object>     [javac]   reason: cannot infer type-variable(s) T,R     [javac]     (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)     [javac]   where T,R are type-variables:     [javac]     T extends CoreAction<R> declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac]     R extends Object declared in method <T,R>execute(T)     [javac] D:\Mendix Workspace\MenuMockup\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:590: warning: [dep-ann] deprecated item is not annotated with @Deprecated     [javac]     public static boolean objectsAreEqual(Object left, Object right) {     [javac]                           ^     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] Note: D:\Mendix Workspace\MenuMockup\javasource\saml20\implementation\common\MendixUtils.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.     [javac] 1 error     [javac] 1 warning BUILD FAILED D:\Mendix Workspace\MenuMockup\deployment\build_core.xml:30: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 16 seconds Please help!
asked
2 answers

That looks like you have an older version of Community Commons in your marketplace modules.

To fix this, just download the latest version of the Community Commons module from the Marketplace.

I hope this helps.

answered

The error message indicates that there is an issue with the execute method in the Misc class of the communitycommons module. Specifically, it seems that the method is being called with the wrong arguments, and the compiler cannot infer the correct type variables.

To resolve this issue, you may need to modify the execute method in the Core class to accept the correct argument types. Alternatively, you can modify the code in the Misc class to call the execute method with the correct argument types.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the version of the Core module you are using. Make sure that it is compatible with the version of the communitycommons module you are using.

2. Review the code in the Misc class and ensure that the execute method is being called correctly. Check that the method is being called with the correct number of arguments and that the argument types match the method signature in the Core class.

3. Check if there are any recent changes to the Core module that may have caused the issue. If possible, try rolling back to a previous version of the Core module to see if the issue is resolved.

I hope this helps!

answered