Change of preview CSS / Image

When I change the Phone preview CSS en Image files in  "D:\Mendix\LARS-main\deployment\web\preview" Those changes are not  applied when building from the local or in the Portal.   I solved it for now by creating a deployment package local, patch the files there and then deploy. I am patching the MDA  file in "D:\Mendix\LARS-main\releases"   Where are these files taken from during build? and can I change them to have normal build?
asked
4 answers

Hi Arthur,

The deployment folder is only used for local deployments and should not be used to change any files. There are several locations where you can place files which are sent to the deployment folder once you run the application. The best location to put image files is in the themesource/yourmodule/public folder. These are then placed in the web/resources folder in the deployment directory. 

answered

Yes, thats true but its not one of my project files, that  would be diffrent ofcourse,

It is about files added by mendix during generation of the deployment package, both local and in the cloud

answered

Right, I see what you mean now. I’m sorry, I don’t know about that and it might not even be possible. Why would you want to do so? It’s only for development/preview purposes.

answered

yes, the customer asks if its possible… it IS possble but i would be nice if we as developer can change the preview not by updating deployment packages. 

answered