Running Mendix using Eclipse fails on first Java Action

Goal: I'd like to debug my Mendix application in Eclipse, as it has some extensive debugging options like placing Watches etc. Problem: Although Eclipse does run the application, as soon as an external Java Action is called, the following error occurs: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: Can not find user action with name 'MyFirstModule.Java_action' at MyFirstModule.Microflow (JavaAction : 'Java_action') Advanced stacktrace: at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowUtil.processException(MicroflowUtil.java:85) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Can not find user action with name 'MyFirstModule.Java_action' at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.$anonfun$execute$3(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:26) at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:201) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.execute(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:26) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:56) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:32) Already taken actions: Verified that Eclipse uses JRE 11 Cleaned deployment directory Deployed for Eclipse Synced directory in Eclipse Removed and Imported project again in Eclipse Checked existence of \deployment\run\bin\myfirstmodule\actions\Java_action.class Retried in Mendix 8.18.23, Mendix 9.6.16 and Mendix 9.18.7 Somebody who can help me out?      
asked
1 answers

You may find it easier to use remote debugging instead. That way you just need to run your application in Studio Pro then connect Eclipse to the running application. 

https://docs.mendix.com/howto/monitoring-troubleshooting/debug-java-actions-remotely/

Good luck!

answered