Problems with java, but only in the main

I have this problem that if i want to deploy the main branch i get an java error, the error is below here   But the things is, i don't have this problem when i want to deploy a branche with the exact same entity and pages.   C:\Users\stefa\Mendix\EduAccessHub-main_3\javasource\api\proxies\SemesterChoice.java:72: error: cannot find symbol            return frontend.proxies.SemesterChoiceWithHistory.initialize(context, mendixObject);                                   ^  symbol:   class SemesterChoiceWithHistory  location: package frontend.proxiesNote: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.1 error FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong:Execution failed for task ':compile'.> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details. * Try:> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.> Run with --debug option to get more log output.> Run with --scan to get full insights. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 2s   How can i fix this?
asked
2 answers

Hey Stefan,

Could you make an additional check in the java file to check which jar file is imported in this specific java file for the above mentioned error, and then check if there are any duplicate jar files in your userlib folder.

If so try removing duplicate file and keep the latest jar version.

Hope this helps!

answered

Hi Stefan,

It should work on main branch as well if it is working on feature branch but nevertheless  this errors indicates this file SemesterChoice.java you are using inside that it is not recognizing  SemesterChoiceWithHistory class but it is being used, check with this java file if package is properly imported in which this class is defined or there is some typo.

Hope it helps!

answered