Can you help me

An exception occurred while running the after-startup-action. -------- com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Object id: 13510798882137277, validation errors: (member: EmailAddress, message: Email address is required.)    at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:108) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Object id: 13510798882137277, validation errors: (member: EmailAddress, message: Email address is required.)    at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner$.withContextClassLoader(Runner.scala:23) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserException: Object id: 13510798882137277, validation errors: (member: EmailAddress, message: Email address is required.)
asked
2 answers

For that object, do you have Validation Rules turned on for the EmailAddress attribute in the domain model?

I'm thinking the entity is being created in the ASU, but the default value for the attribute is empty - but it's required, so it's failing. My suggestions are:

• Turn off the validation on the entity itself and handle it on the page where it's used

or

• Set a default value for the attribute within the domain model

or

• In the ASU, when creating the entity, set the EmailAddress attribute to empty single quotes [ '' ], or whatever may be desired.
answered

thx!  I have forced the value of EmailAddress 

answered