Version sync between Web and Desktop Modelers

Hi all: New to the product and this forum. Trying to work through tutorials and get up to speed. Question: is there a way to force the Web Modeler to use a specific revision of a project? While working through the Employee Directory tutorial I ran into sync/SVN issues and ended up deleting most of my app. In the Desktop modeler, I rolled back. That is, revision 11 was bad, 8 was good. I rolled back to 8, committed, and now my version is 13. (As an aside, why aren't the revisions being numbered sequentially?) So now rev 13 with all my content is alive and well in DEsktop Modeler, but when I choose Open in Web Modeler, I get a revision with no content. So is there a way to see what revision the Web Modeler is using, and/or force it to use a specific revision? TIA, Steve
asked
3 answers

Hi Steven, I think you need to sync your web modeler using the desktop modeler to get it up to date. Try doing that using the "Sync web modeler" button from the desktop modeler Changes dock.

As for your question about revision order: revisions are typically sequential across your whole repository. I believe the web modeler makes revisions in its own development branch, which would fill in those missing gap revision numbers. I've also seen the "Run in Cloud" button in the modeler create 2 revisions at a time. I'm not entirely sure why that is.

answered

Hi Steve,

When you open up a revision in your desktop modeler, you can go to the team menu and hit the 'sync with web modeler.' This will do a commit and then push that revision to the web modeler.  In your case, I suspect it would create a revision 14 then both the desktop and web would be revision 14.  That's the best way to ensure you have the right version in both places.

answered

Thanks, that will help!

answered