Compilation of Java actions failed

I am working through the online courses and am currently on 5.6 where it wants me to run locally for the first time after resolving the missing page errors.  During this run I receive the java error with this message:   Buildfile: D:\Users\pcadministrator\Documents\Mendix\Training Management 2-main\deployment\build_core.xml compile:     [javac] Compiling 45 source files to D:\Users\pcadministrator\Documents\Mendix\Training Management 2-main\deployment\run\bin     [javac] D:\Users\pcadministrator\Documents\Mendix\Training Management 2-main\javasource\appcloudservices\OpenIDHandler.java:350: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]             resp.addCookie(RequestHandler.XAS_SESSION_ID, "", "/", "", 0, true);     [javac]                                          ^     [javac]   symbol:   variable XAS_SESSION_ID     [javac]   location: class RequestHandler     [javac] D:\Users\pcadministrator\Documents\Mendix\Training Management 2-main\javasource\appcloudservices\SessionInitializer.java:46: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         String sessionid = req.getCookie(RequestHandler.XAS_SESSION_ID);     [javac]                                                        ^     [javac]   symbol:   variable XAS_SESSION_ID     [javac]   location: class RequestHandler     [javac] D:\Users\pcadministrator\Documents\Mendix\Training Management 2-main\javasource\appcloudservices\SessionInitializer.java:64: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         resp.addCookie(RequestHandler.XAS_SESSION_ID, session.getId().toString(),"/" ,"" ,-1, true );     [javac]                                      ^     [javac]   symbol:   variable XAS_SESSION_ID     [javac]   location: class RequestHandler     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] 3 errors
asked
3 answers

I think you'll need the new version of the appcloudservices module as you are using the latest version of the modeler, some of the actions seem to be deprecated.

Goto the appstore from within the modeler and search for the appcloudservices module and download this, when asked to add as a new module or replce the existing module, select the latter.

answered

I went and replaced the appcloudservices module and it generated two new errors I am not understanding how to deal with.

I found a similar issue on the forums but it appears to be for an older version of the modeler.  Is that SSO module that came with the appcloudservices package necessary for the purposes of the training courses?

This is the error I am seeing now x2:

The selected microflow 'UserManagement.OnFirstLoginAppCloudUser' no longer exists

answered

I'm still getting the same errors after replacing the appcloudservices module and the administration module.  It continues to fail when attempting to compile the java.

-Update

I decided to replace the project with a new test project.  This time before I made any major changes advised in the tutorial I ran it locally and created the DB.  Running it locally prior to continuing with the training after the first few steps seems to have resolved the issue.  Why? I'm not quite sure.  Possibly something to look into.

answered