Issue with Java Compile

For some or other reason my app refuses to deploy to cloud after some calendar widget development.  I have reinstalled community commons as well as revered back to previous committed version Issue still remains ERROR: An error occurred while compiling Java actions Buildfile: /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/1509973496128-0/src/deployment/build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 551 source files to /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/1509973496128-0/src/deployment/run/bin [javac] /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/1509973496128-0/src/javasource/communitycommons/actions/CreateLogNode.java:30: error: cannot find symbol [javac] Logging.createLogNode(LogNode); [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: variable LogNode [javac] location: class CreateLogNode [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] 1 error BUILD FAILED /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/1509973496128-0/src/deployment/build_core.xml:25: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 6 seconds BUILD FAILED
asked
2 answers

I'm guessing you're not seeing the same issue locally.

1. Under the project menu at the top, choose "Clean Deployment Directory"
  2. Try to run your app locally. You should get a compile error now

Next, remove the community commons java code completely and get a fresh copy:

• In your your project directory, navigate to the javasource folder, and in there, delete the communitycommons folder
  • Re-install the CommunityCommons module from the apps store

Clean your deployment directory again, and see if your app compiles locally. If it does, you should be all set!

answered

I had the same issue with CommunityCommons 6.3.2.

It is solved in (at least) CommunityCommons 7.2.1, maybe in older versions too.

The problem is that java action "CreateLogNode" had a parameter "LogNode", which was not generated properly as a parameter in the java code. Apparently "LogNode" is a reserved name. In newer versions of CommunityCommons this parameter was renamed to "logNode" (lower case "l").

I would recommend to upgrade the CommunityCommons module to the highest possible version in your project and see if the parameter name was fixed. Otherwise, a quick fix would be to rename the parameter yourself and update the java code accordingly.

answered