Windows on-premise issue - Opening JDBC connection to Some(<hostname>) failed with SQLState: 08006 Error code: 17002

I followed steps mentioned in below page for on-premise deployment on windows platform https://docs.mendix.com/developerportal/deploy/deploy-mendix-on-microsoft-windows   I am getting below error when I start the app service Opening JDBC connection to Some(134.244.106.135) failed with SQLState: 08006 Error code: 17002 Message: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection, giving up...(4/4)   com.mendix.m2ee.api.AdminException: An error occurred while initializing the Runtime: Error on initializing database connection.     at com.mendix.basis.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.start(MxRuntimeImpl.java:368) Caused by: com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusRuntimeException: Error on initializing database connection.     at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusInitializer.throwDefault$1(ConnectionBusInitializer.scala:58) Caused by: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:774)     at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.connect(PhysicalConnection.java:688)     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:39)     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:691)     at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(OracleDataSource.java:384)     at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:273)     at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:198)     at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:176)     at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DataSourceConnectionFactory.createConnection(DataSourceConnectionFactory.java:44)     at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:256)     at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.create(GenericObjectPool.java:861)     at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:435)     at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:363)     at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:134)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.connections.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:49)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusInitializer.$anonfun$createConnection$1(ConnectionBusInitializer.scala:52)     at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:213)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusInitializer.retry(ConnectionBusInitializer.scala:60)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusInitializer.createConnection(ConnectionBusInitializer.scala:52)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusInitializer.initialize(ConnectionBusInitializer.scala:42)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusImpl.initialize(ConnectionBusImpl.java:299)     at com.mendix.basis.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.initializeConnectionBus(MxRuntimeImpl.java:521)     at com.mendix.basis.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.start(MxRuntimeImpl.java:339)     at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.actions.StartAction.startRuntime(StartAction.java:49)     at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.actions.StartAction.execute(StartAction.java:30)     at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.server.handler.HttpAdminHandler.handle(HttpAdminHandler.java:129)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:502)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:364)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:260)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:305)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:103)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:118)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:333)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:310)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:168)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:126)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:366)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:765)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:683)     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)   My database is in different machine and I am able to ping that machine from the machine where mendix service console is installed   I tried with MySQL on same machine where Mendix Service console installed and now I am getting below error Caused by: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)     at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:232)     at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.exceptions.ExceptionMapper.getException(ExceptionMapper.java:165)     at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connectWithoutProxy(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:1199)     at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.Utils.retrieveProxy(Utils.java:560)     at org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbConnection.newConnection(MariaDbConnection.java:174)     at org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbDataSource.getConnection(MariaDbDataSource.java:288)     at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DataSourceConnectionFactory.createConnection(DataSourceConnectionFactory.java:44)     at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:256)     at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.create(GenericObjectPool.java:861)     at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:435)     at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:363)     at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:134)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.connections.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:49)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusInitializer.$anonfun$createConnection$1(ConnectionBusInitializer.scala:52)     at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:213)
asked
6 answers

Are able to access the database on the other machine via an SQL manager? It seems your SQL server software running on that might not allow connections. This could either be a setting on the SQL server software or a firewall issue. This is different from pinging the other server.

answered

I finally tried to install local database in the machine where Service console installed and still it is not working. Please find below information

Service console settings

Sql Developer settings

answered

Hi Mohan, not sure if it matters but I'm not seeing a port number mentioned in the host field. Did you try localhost:1521 I am unfamiliar with Oracle databases so just a bit of a guess here.

answered

I encountered an error very similar to this. In the end, I looked up the https://docs.mendix.com/refguide7/system-requirements for the Mendix version I was working on (7.x).

MySQL 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 are supported and I ran on MySQL 8…

Perhaps something like this solves your issue?

answered

Hallo, ich habe das gleiche Problem. Ist das Problem bereits gelöst?

answered

Hi there, this problems is very similar what I have had, have you tried to deleting the folder deployment the project? 

answered