Permanently change project directory

Hi, Our network/infra structure synchronizes my personal directories like Documents, where Mendix stores its project directories over our network. This leads to local deployments taking anywhere from 5-15 minutes. I tried changing the directory by moving over the files and opening them from a new location, but the modeller starts downloading the app from the team server and creates a new file in the documents/mendix directory.  Does anyone know of a way to permanently change the Mendix default project directory? Kind Regards, Marlon Zonneveld
asked
4 answers

Hi Marlon,

When you open the modeler click open App and then when it gives you the pop up  that says “where is your app stored”  select “locally on disk”.

Then navigate to your project folder and select the .mpr file. 

Hope this helps!

answered

quite honestly it is a pain that this problem is still – obviously – not solved. Every decent development environment should have an option for the user to select the standard storage place.

answered

Hi Austin,

This works and makes deploying locally alot faster, but when i’m working in a team and i want to synchronize from the team server it synchronizes to documents/mendix instead of the local files on my C:// root.

Is there a way to select where you want to sync downloads from the team server?

Kind Regards,

Marlon Zonneveld

answered

Hi Marlon,

I’m looking for this information as well. I found this old thread: https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/90846, but that still leaves me with a question: Is this ‘new default location’ stored for all projects and modeler versions?

Have you made any progress on this issue in the mean time?

answered