Error when starting Mendix Service

Hi, i set up a Mendix server (8.8.0.3634) with a postgres database and deployed an app. When i want to start the service however, i get the following error message. I couldnt really find any information on the error. Quite far up in the stack trace there is something with ‘readMxInstallPath’. The user i am starting the service with can enter all the folders of the Mendix server path though. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks a lot!         The server failed to start. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.file.Path.of(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/nio/file/Path; at com.mendix.container.config.package$.toPath(package.scala:33) at com.mendix.container.config.ConfigFromEnvironment$.$anonfun$readMxInstallPath$1(ConfigFromEnvironment.scala:66) at cats.data.Validated.andThen(Validated.scala:264) at com.mendix.container.config.ConfigFromEnvironment$.readMxInstallPath(ConfigFromEnvironment.scala:66) at com.mendix.container.config.ConfigFromEnvironment$.apply(ConfigFromEnvironment.scala:58) at com.mendix.container.boot.Main$.delayedEndpoint$com$mendix$container$boot$Main$1(Main.scala:13) at com.mendix.container.boot.Main$delayedInit$body.apply(Main.scala:10) at scala.Function0.apply$mcV$sp(Function0.scala:39) at scala.Function0.apply$mcV$sp$(Function0.scala:39) at scala.runtime.AbstractFunction0.apply$mcV$sp(AbstractFunction0.scala:17) at scala.App.$anonfun$main$1$adapted(App.scala:80) at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:392) at scala.App.main(App.scala:80) at scala.App.main$(App.scala:78) at com.mendix.container.boot.Main$.main(Main.scala:10) at com.mendix.container.boot.Main.main(Main.scala) at Mendix.M2EE.RuntimeRunner.StartServer(Boolean strictValidate) at Mendix.MendixService.Service.OnStart(String[] args)  
asked
1 answers

Hi John,

NoSuchMethodError mostly occurs when some JAR file has a different version at runtime that it had at compile time. Can you please try and follow the steps in this article and let us know the result?

https://reflectoring.io/nosuchmethod/

Thanks!

Regards,

Rik

answered