How to use App Developer Mode in IED ?

Now, I want to debug my app which has been installed on IED. So, I enable the "App Developer Mode" on IED, but the "App Developer Mode" page shows "No apps installed". I can't find any useful info in document.
asked
3 answers

hi Qin Zhi, the developer mode will give more insights regarding the Docker image and the Docker containers that your app is running. However you will not have a remote access to any container remotly through that mode.

Can you please try to delete your app from the device and then deploy it from the " App Projects" image.png

Select the version  of your app that you would like to install on your IED and then you should be able to see more details once the " App Developer " mode is activiated

answered

Hello Qin Zhi,

Just to clarify please note that the " App Developer" Mode only allows you to have more insights regarding custom developed apps and not any system app. Can you share with us how did you install your app on the edge device?

answered

For Siemens internal debugging I'm maintaining a 'ssh Root Shell' Application which gives you almost full access to the IED. If you want it I can share over Teams/OneDrive

Unfortunately it is not allowed to share with any customers.

answered