Cannot install apps after restoring a snapshot of ievd

Hi,   I had a crash in my system. The virtual Edge device got corrupt and I had to restore a snapshot. Now I have an older Version of the apps than the IEM knows. I cannot update from IEM again because latest version already is installed. Is there a trick to install app again?   I could uninstall the apps, but I am afraid of loosing configurations. I could also restore the iem, but it would take me quite a while to download a lot of apps again.   With best regards Stefan Schneiderbanger
asked
2 answers

Hello Stefan,

I am glad to hear that the issue is solved at your customer. I understand the reason behind customer is taking a snapshot as it is very convenient and easy to use.

Unfortunately snapshots of IEVDs are not a tested and officially supported by the system and thus could lead to unexpected behavior like in your case.

It is recommend to use the internal backup and restore functionality of the Industrial Edge Management.

answered

Hi Stefan,

I'm afraid we don't have a lot of options here. You can try creating a backup and attempting to restore it; perhaps this will sync the two states somehow. However, if it doesn't work, you may need to reset the device and reconfigure it. I strongly advise you to export all the settings you have on the device, such as connector configuration files and Flow Creator flows if available.

answered