Invalid Image IEM

Hey, I'm trying to upload an industrial edge app via a GitLab CI/CD pipeline. My job runner uses Docker version 26.0. I use Docker in Docker with Docker version 24.0.5 (which works locally), because of the post here: community.mendix.com/link/space/industrial-edge/exchanges/99 However, even with this setup, I receive an "invalid image" error when trying to upload to the IEM. If I use an image built with Docker 24.0.5 from a local version instead of the image from the CI/CD job, the pipeline runs without a problem. When will this bug be fixed in a new IEM release? Does anyone have a workaround for this issue, as I cannot change our company’s GitLab runner?   Thanks in advance. Pascal
asked
7 answers

Hi Pascal,

with the latest IEM version (v1.17.10) this issue is resolved. Therefore you would need to update your IEM.

Best regards,

Pascal

answered

Thats good news, thanks.

Is the v1.17.10 already released? I can only update my IEM App to v1.16.11.

answered

Hi Pascal,

you are already using the latest IEM version, sorry for misunderstanding.

Until the new IEM version is released, there is no other way resolving this issue than sticking to Docker version 24.0.5.

Best regards,

Pascal

answered

Hi Pascal H,

I once encountered this error also when using the "gzip" tool to compress the docker images used for the app. please make sure that the docker images are avaliable in .tar* format and nothing else. The reason for this is that the IECTL allows both types while creating the app, the IEM however can only digest docker images that are in .tar* format. Please check and let us know.

answered

Hello A. Elashy,

Thank you for your advice. I have verified that the image format is a .tar file, not gzip

I will wait for the new IEM version as I have already spent too much time on this bug.

answered

Hello Pascal,

Understood, thank you.

answered

When will this bug be fixed in a new IEM release?

Error still occurs with images built with the following setup:

Docker 26.1.4

IEM 2.2.0-6

IE App Publisher 1.16.7

answered