Performance Insight / Energy Manager - Interruption in data capture

Every certain time, data capture stops and resumes after a few minutes.  I tried checking the logs but there are a lot of them and I couldn't find anything about this problem. Data capture is only done using the OPC UA connector.   IE Virtual Device: ievd-1.18.0-4-a Common Configurator: 1.11.0-1 OPC UA Connector: 2.1.0-4 IIH Essentials: V 1.10.3     If you need a specific log, let me know and I'll send it
asked
3 answers

Hi Felipe,

Loss of connection of the OPC UA Connector to the OPC UA Server should not happen. Thats why we should take a close look and investigate why this is happening.

What kind of OPC UA Server are you using?

Can you share the OPC UA Connector logs?

In Common Configurator you have also a Log message view. There you should also see this loss of connections. Do you see there some log messages showing this behaviour?

Is there any regularity to the behaviour? 

Can this also be an issue of the network?

answered

After checking the problem during the week:

- opc ua sources are kepware servers that feed other non-siemens solutions and are not experiencing problems

- network analysis was carried out. No abnormalities found

Steps I was able to map the error:

- When the interruption occurred in the performance insight application, open the IIH Essentials and check System information >> CPU Load

-CPU keep in 99%-100% during one hour, after that time, without any intervention, the CPU drops to 15% usage and the system starts working again

CPU-IIH-ESSENTIALS.png

LOG-IIH-ESSENTIALS.png

Verified log:  "failed for file /home/edge/filedb/DataFolder/711b0a40aa824bcf8eb75cb3c7e810b6/2024-05-10T00:00:00.000Z_data.bin"

I don't know why the system is citing a file from month 05 when the retention time is one month.

Is there any way to remove this message or repair the reported file ?

updated IIH Essentials to version 1.11.0 and the error continues

answered

Correction applied:

- Upgrade Common Configurator to V 1.11.1-0

- Changed the retention time to 15 days, so IIH does not search for the corrupted file from the previous month

answered