Refresh WSDL (exposed names) based on attribute names - Mendix Forum

Refresh WSDL (exposed names) based on attribute names

After renaming attributes of an entity, the webservice will still use the old names (as exposed names). I would like to suggest a feature where you can refresh/update the exposed names to the names of the attributes on the entity. It takes quite some time to update the entity attributes and the exposed names if changes are made.

(In the modeler > Web service > Operation > Paramaters > Exposed attributes and associations  (select))

asked
2 answers

Im not suggesting an automatic rename if the attribute names change, my suggested improvement is to have a button to refresh/update the exposed names to the attributes on the entity. Which would be a concious action of the developer. As a result it can show you which fields were updated/renamed (like Mendix shows you which fields were automaticaly mapped in an XML mapping).

Created

This actually is intentional (I hope) while I agree that it can be tedious, changing your integration now is a very concious action. If you would change your webservice definition on an attribute name change, chances are you will accidently change your wsdl which could break your integrations.

Created