Send print commands via Mendix

Hi, I try to send printer commands either in direct printer protocol or in ZPL to a barcode printer to print out barcode labels. I can test the printer commands when I establish a telnet connection via putty to the printer. The commands to be send via Mendix platform would look like the following. My question would be now if there is a standard module already available to establish a telnet connection from mendix or if there is another smart way how to send the commands to the printer. Anybody had already such a topic to implement? BARTYPE "EAN8" BARFONT OFF,0 PRBAR "12345678" PRINTFEED
asked
1 answers

Hi Christian,

When I search in the Mendix appstore, the only thing I find for telnet or SSH connections is the SFTP module. That surely not what you are looking for. I think you have to build it your own creating a custom Java Action. You can find more on that topic by searching on “custom java”.

2 questions to check:

- Isn't there another type of connection possible using a more generic protocol, like a REST call?

- Are you sure the printer is reachable from the network you will host the Mendix app on? (as most of the Mendix apps run in the public cloud)

Regards,

Johan

answered