Mendix Public Cloud Communication with S/4 HANA under VPN

Hola, Could we connect Mendix Application deployed on Mendix Public Cloud (V4) to SAP S/4 HANA system under secure VPN, through ODATA? Do we have to perform any specific activity on Mendix Cloud side to achieve this? Regards, Abhishek
asked
1 answers

Hi Abhishek

As far as I know, there are three ways to connect to an SAP S/4 HANA system:

1. If you deploy a Mendix application on SAP Business Technology Platform, you could connect your SAP S/4 HANA system via the SAP Cloud Connector
  2. Make use of an integration layer such as SAP Integration Suite on SAP BTP or even put an MS Azure API Manager on top of it and call those endpoints securely
  3. Make use of the SAP S/4 HANA available Cloud services and address those securely. To have an overview: contact your SAP Technical responsible (https://api.sap.com/)

There is one other option: setting your Gateway-services open for the world to use them. But please, don’t ever do that :)

I wouldn’t advise you to follow the approach on connecting to a VPN via a Mendix application and then access your SAP S/4 HANA services … I couldn’t even think on how you’d put that to work in the first place honestly :) 

I hope this information helps you forward.

Kind regards,

Leander

answered