Exposed Rest service is not picking up on one parameter

I have an exposed rest service that accepts a URL (example below) and using the parameters modifies data in the database.  http://myrestservice/rest/incomingmitchell/v1/workorder?apiKey=6c885aa35bd04bdca9727b050e0ad514&type=Contact&id=B8282CBE-19FD-4EFE-B23C-9A988F5E88FD&operation=Update&connectionId=148ab6e3b06a46fe9bb309db9bdcd95b The connectionId parameter is showing as empty during debug. I have verified all spelling in every component and even tried changing the order in which the parameters are passed. All other parameters are working fine.    Any ideas of what else I can check? At a loss. 
asked
4 answers

Hi Tony,

Based on the information you provided, all I could guess, the issue is with the data Type. 

Please check the parameter type in the REST configuration you created and also make sure when calling keep the same data type.

Hope you resolve the issue!

Regards,

Ashok

answered

From where are you calling this service? Probably the source is sending the connectionId as empty.

Also you can test it via Postman.

answered

It appears you are correct on this Robert. I changed the parameter in the URL to confirm and it worked. However, this GET request cannot be changed. It will come through as ConnectionID from the external application. How do I work around this being a reserved word?

answered

I reconfigured everything back to using ConnectionID and I must have had something wrong, it is now working. Thanks for all of the comments. 

answered