Excel importer throwing some issues

Hi All! I’m getting some errors when trying to import a simple excel file with 2 columns. I last used this with 9.4 or 9.5 but have recently upgraded to 9.6. I tried replacing the excel import module but I still get the same issue. The contents of the log file is below:  Stacktrace for when I try to import a template from an excel file: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.util.XMLHelper.newDocumentBuilder()Ljavax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilder;     at org.apache.poi.ooxml.util.DocumentHelper.newDocumentBuilder(DocumentHelper.java:47)     at org.apache.poi.ooxml.util.DocumentHelper.<clinit>(DocumentHelper.java:36)     at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ContentTypeManager.parseContentTypesFile(ContentTypeManager.java:395)     at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ContentTypeManager.<init>(ContentTypeManager.java:104)     at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ZipContentTypeManager.<init>(ZipContentTypeManager.java:54)     at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.ZipPackage.getPartsImpl(ZipPackage.java:256)     at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.getParts(OPCPackage.java:732)     at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:243) …. more, irrelevant code below (ping me if more is needed) Stacktrace when I try to import an excel file into a template that I manually created: Error in execution of monitored action '{"name":"ExcelImporter.IVK_ImportTemplateDocument","type":"Microflow"}' (execution id: 664a634f-29db-4342-a28c-d778f5aff63d, execution type: CLIENT_ASYNC_MONITORED).  NoClassDefFoundError occurred for class 'Could not initialize class org.apache.poi.ooxml.util.DocumentHelper'. Please make sure the userlib folder of  your project includes the correct library which contains this class. I also get this error: Excel Importer could not import any rows. Please check if the template is configured correctly. If the file was not created with Microsoft Excel for desktop, try opening the file with Excel and saving it with the same name before importing. The entity that I have has 5 attributes (2 of which are system generated: createdDate & changedDate) and I’m only trying to populate 2 without any keys as I’m just doing a dump into the database from the excel sheet. Am I doing something wrong here? Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 
2 answers

Here what you could try:

Remove all the older versions of jar from the userlib folder, especially the poi-ooxml libraries. You can also look at the m2ee file in your deployment\log directory which will indicate which versions of libraries are evicted as they might have been replaced by newer versions.

I have not been able to find the root cause of this issue, but the above solution has worked for me multiple times.


Hi Shreyash,

Thanks for your response! I’ve tried a couple of things, one of which was removing all .jar files (I admit, out of frustration) but I still get the same error. I’d need to look into this deeper to understand which new module is conflicting with the current configuration.