How to connect and fetch data directly from an external database into domain model

Currently I’m using EXECUTE QUERY widget in Microflow to fetch data and using it in data grid with Microflow as a source. Is there a way to fetch/update the required data from an external database directly without using microflow?   This is working as expected but is creating a problem for me with the time it is taking by the microflow to execute the SQL Query and fetch data. Is there a way to fetch/update the required data from an external database directly without using microflow?   How to create a direct connection to database and fetch the data into LIST VIEW and DATA GRIDs as soon we open the application?    
asked
1 answers

There isn’t an option to create a remote view in your app, so the data should always be retrieved, but you might speed up the process by not retrieving everthing at once, but rather in chunks, like in a grid that uses paging.

Another option could be, if the data does not change very often, to retrieve the data periodically with a scheduled event and maybe only retrieve the delta by implementation in the query.

Another option could be to retrieve the (delta) data when the user logs into the application, but this depends of course on the implementation, so what the data means for the user.

I hope this will help you find a solution.

answered