Searching a List View - External Entities

The search function does not seem to be working on some of my select pages. The data on this page is being pulled from an external entity from another Mendix app. When I try and search in the search bar, it just will load for a second and then does nothing. I have noticed this is only happening on my pages using data from an external entity as it is working on my own entities in my own app. Any idea why this may be?   
asked
7 answers

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing with the search function on your select pages is related to the data being pulled from an external entity from another Mendix app. A  few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the search settings on the entity. Make sure that the entity you're searching on has the correct search settings configured, such as the indexed attributes and search type

2. Check the access rules on the entity. Make sure that the access rules on the entity are configured correctly

3. Check the data retrieval settings on the page. Make sure that the data retrieval settings on the page are configured correctly

answered

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing with the search function on your select pages is related to the data being pulled from an external entity from another Mendix app. A  few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the search settings on the entity. Make sure that the entity you're searching on has the correct search settings configured, such as the indexed attributes and search type

2. Check the access rules on the entity. Make sure that the access rules on the entity are configured correctly

3. Check the data retrieval settings on the page. Make sure that the data retrieval settings on the page are configured correctly

answered

answered

answered

answered

answered

Here are some steps to help you investigate what is going on. You can set the log levels for OData consume and OData publish to Trace to see the actual OData Rest calls being executed behind the External Entities. You can also set the query parser log node to trace if you want to see the resulting xpath and OQL statements.

As an example, the following list view shows data from 2 associated external entities: Claims and Customers. The filter field allows searching on both.

The page design:

When I use the filter function, i can see the resulting OData REST call, filtering all selected search fields:

This results in the following Xpath and OQL queries in the OData service:

answered