How to Integrate electronic toll collection system with my Mendix application

Hello,    I want to integrate FASTag which is basically electronic toll collection system. It employs Radio Frequency Identification technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it or directly toll owner. (More info) So, my idea is that I want vehicle(or the person seating in it) exact location. I have a module in my application which ask an traveller to enter there location where there are right now I have given them manual option of doing that my entering their city names or pointing in the map. But I want a genuine location by the user I don't want him to misuse this feature by entering some wrong location. So, I thought to use FASTag so through it I can verify if the user was really in that location or not.   Please let me know if anyone can help me, how I can start with this?   Thanks:)
asked
3 answers

The nanoflow commons module contains a java action getcurrentlocation. This might work for you if you want to get the exact location of the device someone is using.

You can take a look here to find out about the standard device features that can be used in a PWA and here to look at some location and maps features. It may differ per browser how the user must give consent for using the location. Furthermore the exact capabilities and required permissions can be different for a PWA or Native app and per device.

I can also recommend to look at this section of the a mobile Learning Path, which explains the use of the device location. But do start at the beginning of the path to fully understand the way it was set up.

If you want to use FASTag, the first thing you would need to so is look at their integration capabilities. Do they offer APIs to connect to their data? If you know what they offer and what kind of data is returned, after that it could be rather straightforward processing the data (see this learning path for basic integration options).

answered

Thanks for your response !! 

I look into FASTag APIs but as this is a government operated services so it's kind of difficult to connect to their data. Instead of that I thought from nanoflow commons module I can use Geolocation and it's action to get the current location. Could you give me some insights of using Geolocation in Mendix application. And second thing how Geolocation will work does it require the user input to work. I mean if you know how other application ask us to ON our mobile location. Example OLA, UBER, etcc.. So, by that only they can get our exact location. Do Geolocation would be kind of same or does it have some more capabilities. 

answered

Thanks, Micha Friede.

I will have a look into it.

answered