Native client for mobile devices

Hi, does anyone have build a native client for mobile to be used with Mendix? Would love to hear your thoughts, and experiences with other clients than phonegap.
asked
2 answers

We have used Xamarin combined with a Mendix backend before. Xamarin is a C# based platform that translates C# directly to native code using Xamarin.IOS and Xamarin.Android. It also has a layer on top of Xamarin.IOS + Xamarin.Android, which allows you to write in xaml, called Xamarin.Forms. This allows you to reach shared code percentages of 95% if most code is written in xamarin.forms.

You lack the development speed of mendix hybrid, but you gain a lot of control, as anything that is possible in Java or Swift is possible in xamarin. They are a lot more up to date with new features (like 3D Touch or Siri) then phonegap. You are able to work with new features the day they are released by Apple or Android. If you are on the Beta Channel of Xamarin, you are even able to develop on the Beta's of Apple and Android.

Overall I have been very happy using Xamarin. As soon as your mobile app requires more then the basic mobile features like push notifications, or you want to customize these native features, I have noticed we needed to deepdive in Phonegap, and at that point Xamarin is the better option in my opinion.

answered

Not sure with Mendix but as Lennard said its possible with Xamarin which is one of the best cross platform technology which saves time and investing amount. Its better to get in touch with any developer to get custom plugin or you can approach any organization which provides Xamarin Solutions with affordable price. Take a look of those things. I thinks this info will resolve your problem. Smiley Happy

answered