Calling a Web Service with no strong-typed definition (Mixed / Any)

We're finding difficulties at calling a web service with an open contract definition: <s:element name="processRequestsAsDOM"> <s:complexType> <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="requestDoc"> <s:complexType mixed="true"> <s:sequence> <s:any/> </s:sequence> </s:complexType> </s:element> </s:sequence> </s:complexType> </s:element> <s:element name="processRequestsAsDOMResponse"> <s:complexType> <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="result"> <s:complexType mixed="true"> <s:sequence> <s:any/> </s:sequence> </s:complexType> </s:element> </s:sequence> </s:complexType> </s:element>   I have tried to remove the mixed="true" attribute and the any tag from the WSDL. But it looks like when I call this web service, trying to pass a string converted to XML using the Mendix export function, the web service is complaining about the format: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: faultCode argument for createFault was passed NULL     at Integration_Ztrade.WS_GetLastPolicies (CallWebservice : 'Call web service 'processRequestsAsDOM'')   Can anyone help with your experience calling this type of web services?
asked
1 answers

I believe this is not possible with the standard call web service activity in Mendix. It would be nice to get the response as a string. Then you can create some logic to analyze and process the response. Now, when Mendix cannot map the response you can't get the response.

I think the best solution is to call the web service from a custom java action.

answered