AWS Signature and sha256 hex digest

I need to be able to create an AWS Signature and in searching in the App Store, I did not find any modules that were already performing that function so I have embarked on creating that functionality to incorporate it into my project. However, in following this guide (← clickable link) by amazon to create an AWS Signature in python, I found that I need to be able to encode my signature string using hex encoding rather than base64 which is what Community Commons module uses. Because of this, I am kind of at a stuck/stop point.   Assuming I just didn’t find the module, is there a module for building an AWS Signature? If not, anyone know of a module that will allow me to hex digest SHA-256?
asked
3 answers

There are two SHA-256 methods in Community Commons. Are you using the latest version of Community Commons? I think you need GenerateHMAC_SHA256 which generates the signature with a hex encoding.

answered

I have implemented AWS v4 signing in one of my apps the past two weeks. This functionality is mostly implemented (in Java) in the AWS IoT Connector. This module also has a method which creates the relevant SHA-256 string, e.g. for S3's x-amz-content-sha256  header.

I was required to make a number of changes to the code (e.g. to add custom headers) to make sure the signing works in more cases than the module supports, but they weren't very hard.

answered

I think I actually found what Staples calls the easy button. The end goal was to upload data to an S3 bucket and when I started on this project, I found that I needed to be able to create an AWS Signature and so I was figuring out how to do that. Since it seemed like it was getting unusually hard to do in Mendix, I got some more information about how we were uploading data to our S3 bucket, long story short, found that what I really needed was the AWS S3 Connector and it will set that up for me.

answered