Use Deeplink URL in Forgotten Password e-mail instead of hardcoded /ForgotPassword - Mendix Forum

Use Deeplink URL in Forgotten Password e-mail instead of hardcoded /ForgotPassword

The forgot password module uses Deeplink to support the URL necessary for recovering your password. The Deeplink for this URL is generated and linked to the Forgot Password module configuration. However, if you change the Deeplink, the URL in the e-mail doesn't change. It sticks to /ForgotPassword. I've looked into the Java code and discovered that the Deeplink is not passed to the GenerateURL function and ForgotPassword is hardcoded (see below).

My improvement suggestion is to pass the linked Deeplink entity to this function and use the configured URL instead of this hardcoded one.

// BEGIN USER CODE
String url = Core.getConfiguration().getApplicationRootUrl();

if( !url.endsWith("/") )
  url += "/";

url += "link/";
url += "ForgotPassword?GUID=" + this.UUID;
return url;
// END USER CODE
asked
2 answers

Somehow in the last year I've never seen this idea. A ticket was submitted and I've just released a new version that fixes this!
Version 3.3.1 now works when you change the deeplink config both the /link/ and 'ForgotPassword’ are now being retrieved from your actual configuration.

Created

To be honest, this is more like a bug...

Created